This is copied directly from Bastyr’s website. I hope you can attend! Click on the title for the direct link to the Bastyr announcement.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Bastyr University Campus Grounds
Theme: “Nourish the Senses”
Download a schedule
The 12th annual Bastyr University Herb and Food Fair will take place on Saturday, June 5, 2010 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the University’s main campus in Kenmore. Themed “Nourish the Senses,” the fair is free and open to the public. The annual community event brings several thousand visitors to Bastyr University’s 51-acre campus near the shores of Lake Washington.
- a variety of educational speakers and workshops
- cooking demonstrations from nutrition and botanical medicine experts
- live entertainment and music
- nutritious and delicious homemade food
- distinctive vendors
- special activities for children
- garden tours
- guided walks through the surrounding woods
- relaxing herbal foot soaks and facials
- Sunday workshops (see schedule for details)
The “nourishing the senses” theme includes an emphasis on the numerous ways herbs, nutrition and other natural modalities can support the health and wellness of our community. The fair also features an acupuncture demonstration where attendees can both learn about acupuncture’s many benefits and experience it for themselves.
- Mindy Green, RH (AHG), RA, is the co-author of Aromatherapy and A Complete Guide to the Healing Art, and is the owner of Green Scentsations, an independent consulting company specializing in botanical therapies, aromatherapy education and product development.
- Sally Fallon Morell blends culinary expertise with a finely honed capacity to cut to the truth about our eating habits and their consequences in her full-spectrum cookbook, Nourishing Traditions. She will lecture on “The Oiling of America, The Cholesterol Myths: How the false cholesterol theory caused Americans to abandon traditional whole foods and created an epidemic of chronic disease.”
Tiffany Pollard, a Bastyr University Masters in Science in Acupuncture graduate, owns Synergy Wellness Center, a holistic medical center just outside of Seattle. She teaches five element acupuncture at Bastyr and co-teaches seminars with Lonny Jarrett, author ofNourishing Destiny, on integrating five element acupuncture into a TCM practice. At PCC Cooks and through her own business, Eating For Evolution, she teaches classes and creates instructional and inspirational videos about gluten-free cooking and achieving optimal health.
Get details about the event, parking, and the class schedule at Bastyr’s website.